ASTM D7668, EN 16715, IP 615, GOST R 58440
Herzog by PAC pioneered the Cetane Ignition Delay 510 instrument, a unique technology that is proven to provide the best precision in the market for determining the Derived Cetane Number of all types of diesel fuel, biodiesel, FAME, HVO, BTL, and GTL. It is a compact, easy to use, and fully automated analyzer, that offers excellent return on investment, and is in compliance with today’s safety requirements.
Accurate analysis of Derived Cetane Number (DCN) is an important tool for diesel and biodiesel fuel blenders and refineries to maintain fuel consistency and quality. Existing technologies, such as CFR Engine and CVCC methods, do not meet present market requirements with their high investment and operational cost, difficult operation, and poor system performance.
The CID 510 is in perfect correlation to ASTM D613, EN 16715, ISO 5165, IP 41, IP 615 and GOST R 58440. The patented test method ASTM D7668 is approved as standard and officially listed in diesel specifications: ASTM D975, ASTM D6751, ASTM D7467, EN 590 and GOST R 52368.
- Alternative test method to the CFR Engine acc. to ASTM D613 to certify diesel fuel
- Proven performance from joint ASTM /EI Inter Laboratory Study
- Excellent correlation to the mean value of the CFR Engine
- Requires much less space than CFR Engine
- Automated calibration for long-term stability minimizes down-time risks
- No special user training required
- Built-in fire monitoring and suppression system
- Fuel level sensor to avoid the injection system from running dry
- No cleaning of the test chamber required